I Forge Iron

May 29th and 30th at Westpoint Forge, Dave Budd is going to be demo'ing how to make a blade, plus there will also be opportunities to ask and get demo's in what you would like to see, or demo yourself your party piece.

All are welcome, starts from 9.00 am refreshments and food available, please indicate if you will be coming so we can make catering arrangements.

well, I've picked up my hammer, tongs, steel and oil so I'm ready for tomorrow :)

Hopefully there are going to be more than just the 4 of us there! :unsure:

So do I Dave, the enthusiasm over here for a forge in is underwhelming it seems

I just wanted to say thank you to John for all the effort he put in to organise this weekends IFI Forge-in. It’s a shame that we had to cut the weekend short due to a lack of support on the Sunday, but the few of us that managed to make today were treated to a fine display of bladesmithing by Dave Budd, who managed to pack a lot of information into the time we all had together.

Dave demoed a smallish stick tang knife from start to finish, including two different methods of drawing the temper. All in all it was a very enjoyable and informative day.

I have included a few bad photos of a very good day and would urge anyone thinking of trying to make the September date, to try very hard indeed, you won’t be disappointed :)

I just realised I forgot to thank Dave for his time and effort in the above post, so thanks very nuch Dave it was facinating stuff. :)

post-4307-021908100 1275163141_thumb.jpg

post-4307-021582700 1275163207_thumb.jpg

post-4307-099555300 1275163248_thumb.jpg

post-4307-051595400 1275163300_thumb.jpg

post-4307-075031100 1275163395_thumb.jpg

post-4307-014289700 1275163441_thumb.jpg

post-4307-027851500 1275163492_thumb.jpg

post-4307-052757200 1275163589_thumb.jpg

So do I Dave, the enthusiasm over here for a forge in is underwhelming it seems

Not that it may mean much, but would love to come for a wonderful weekend of firey frolics, but there is something like a thousand mile round journey that stands in the way. It may be a small island, (a reference my Essex lad of a partner takes minor offence to... :rolleyes: ) -but it's not that small!

Hi John, I'm really sorry, I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to log onto the site for ages and I completely missed this weekender. I'll try and see if we (myself and Sean) can make it over for the one in September (I looked on the guilds website) We might even try coming along to one of the shows the guilds at nearer to London before then.
If I get a chance I'll send you an email with a bit of a progress report regarding what we've managed at the Farm in Stepney, it's not been, nor is is yet, all plain sailing but things are moving forwards. We might be having the Farm relaunch in early August now, but that's to be confirmed. As I say I'll fill you in on the details by email. Sorry I missed what looked like a good weekend and please consider yourselves welcome to come up to the smoke to say hello any time you're in this neck of the woods.

Ian

I'd like to thank everyone who did turn up, and especially Dave for doing such a great demo, excellent content and execution, and appreciated by all who made the effort to be there.

There was also the usual banter and anecdotes that were also useful in passing knowledge on whilst enjoying the fellowship of like minded people.

Maybe two days is too much? We will see how Septembers weekend goes and make decisions on that response.

Especially for Alice, if she can make it, we will be featuring a session on flowers and how to develop them.

Thanks again Dave, Steve, Dean and Pete for your support and involvement.

Thanks to Steve for the pics, turned out well. Big but it does show the detail

I'd like to thank everyone who did turn up, and especially Dave for doing such a great demo, excellent content and execution, and appreciated by all who made the effort to be there.

There was also the usual banter and anecdotes that were also useful in passing knowledge on whilst enjoying the fellowship of like minded people.

Maybe two days is too much? We will see how Septembers weekend goes and make decisions on that response.

Especially for Alice, if she can make it, we will be featuring a session on flowers and how to develop them.

Thanks again Dave, Steve, Dean and Pete for your support and involvement.

Thanks to Steve for the pics, turned out well. Big but it does show the detail