I Forge Iron

Hecho en Mexico

I don't get it, what am I looking at that is bad?
Trick question? I mean, I can't tell you what you're looking at since I can't see through your eyes.:P

Seriously though, to me that file looks like horrible QC on Nicholson's part. There's is rust between the cutting edges, the edge on the left pic also shows an un-even edge, as if it was used already. The end of the file looks like a rasp was taken to it, IMO, it's all scratched up. Maybe they used a farrier rasp? (throwin' the trick back at 'ya;-)

I *think* that's a hand saw file, but not sure. Here's some hand saw iles, but I mostly use joinery saws (i.e., dovetail, carcass, tenon, sash, gent), so they're small.

These are $5 files that look better than the larger Nicholson.

These are 4 xx-slim and 6 xx-slim. These are Nicholson made in America (bought from Lee Valley).

(for high res, rub your stomach, pat your head, and click on the image with your mouse)

thumb_nicholson_saw_files.jpg

Probably a bad comparison as I think the file pictured is a wood file, not a metal file, but the difference is apparent to me.