I Forge Iron

"In a better economy"

I just can`t understand why someone would take an aggressive wire brush to the sides of an anvil they were not going to repair and just do a half way,random,hit&miss job of cleaning it up.
Either leave the poor thing alone or at least clean it so it all has the same look.
The pics make it look like a drunk monkey attacked it with a cup brush and he still wants top dollar for it. :rolleyes:

This is a english anvil and what he sees iis the stone weight marks. Probably 134 which would make it 200 lbs

If it is really 200 lbs that is not an unfair price to be asking. It will be a bit of a hard sell it seems to have good clean edges on it though. Why begrudge a guy trying to make a buck you don't like it haggle or walk away.

If it is really 200 lbs that is not an unfair price to be asking. It will be a bit of a hard sell it seems to have good clean edges on it though. Why begrudge a guy trying to make a buck you don't like it haggle or walk away.

Ah but you don't know the exploits of our Bernie. He has raised the price to the point of outragious. I have watched him over bid at auction to get something out from under hard working smiths only to turn around and offer it for sale at 5% more than he paid on craigslist!

I'm glad he's feeling the pain and bringing his prices closer to reality

Ah but you don't know the exploits of our Bernie. He has raised the price to the point of outragious. I have watched him over bid at auction to get something out from under hard working smiths only to turn around and offer it for sale at 5% more than he paid on craigslist!

I'm glad he's feeling the pain and bringing his prices closer to reality

Sounds like he has an unsustainable economic model.