I Forge Iron

A big ring for a kettle stand

Frosty,you are just full of surprises!I`ll have to try this on SWMBO this weekend.
Thanks.
What do YOU use for toppings,oh Lucky One?

It depends on what I have to put on a desert pizza. Apple butter or apple sauce kind of limits what'll work to what tastes well with apple sauce/butter. Let's see, nuts are good, coconut goes with almost anything banana chips should be okay dried cranberrys would add a nice tart balance if used with restraint. Blueberries or dried cherries if used with restraint should be okay too. Berries have to be used carefully, first because they have a LOT of moisture and can just plain sog out a pizza and their flavor can overpower other ingredients like apples.

Other desert pizzas I've tried have butter, sugar (brown or white, powdered for white is best) a little cream and spices. Do the usual, melt the butter, add the sugar, let it dissolve completely and add the cream. It should have a consistency like thick syrup and it'll make a glace like frosting on a donut.

Spread a thin layer of frosting on the pizza crust. If you didn't put spices in the frosting sprinkle some on the fruit. Apple slices work very nicely with some apple pie spices sprinkled on. Peach, apricot, etc. slices are really tasty but once again, like berries peach has a LOT of moisture so be conservative. Pineapple has a loud flavor and is wet too. I've never tried grapes but they're mostly juice so it'd be a gamble. I've never tried banana slices but I bet they'd be tasty for certain.

About spices, just check a cookbook for pie or tart recipies for good combos for any given fruit. As a general rule of thumb, I've had pretty good luck using apple pie or pumpkin pie spice mixes. Some fruits like pineapple doesn't need anything but itself but what the hey.

Oh yeah, final toppings can be most anything, more of the sauce frosting is okay but keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. Cheese is good with adjustments for the fruit, pineapple is stroung enough to shine through almost anything, not that I'd consider blue cheese but what the hey.

Frosty the Lucky.