I Forge Iron

Hello from Gainesville FL

My name is Sky Campbell and I'm a glass blower by trade (15 years). Most of my glass work I do is out of the furnace. The local college use's our facility and we offer many classes in all the facets of hot glass. I have some experience in forging metal and use the glory holes in the glass shop to double as forges. I recently acquired a huge post vise and a nice old fisher norris anvil a little better then the aso I was using. I'm building my first power hammer and extremely happy to stumble on this site. I'm busy reading and learning but I'm sure I'll have a few questions along the way.

My interests are in cold forging nonferrous metals and working iron with glass for outdoor sculpture.

If anyone is near by or heading past Gainesville on I75 please stop in for a visit.

one of my favorite quotes from my dad:
"those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those doing it"

Welcome to the site! There are a lot of very knowledgeable and friendly people here. I am from Tampa and do get up that way from time to time. Try the FABA web site to find others in your area.

Mitch

Thanks Mitch. Please do stop by if your in the area. FABA was a great lead. I just found out the local meeting is pretty close to me tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.