I Forge Iron

Metals Museum, Memphis TN

Karen here....
Brian, Lyle and I went to Memphis Tenn to do a demo at the Ornamental Metals Museum in Memphis Tenn. and I wanted to share this wonderful place with you all.
It is located along side the Mississippi river at a spot Mike Talbot said Mark Twain called the best view of the Mississippi, I would have to agree it was an outstanding location.
Brian and Andy Dohner were the demonstrators on Saturday and there was an auction that evening to raise funds for the non profit facility. We had a wonderful time and met so many smiths and metal artists interested in forging.
Lyle came with us and helped Brian with the demo, he is so helpful to Brian and we are lucky to know him and call him our friend. They work so well together and seem to compliment each other.
I took pictures to share and if you haven't been there yet and get the chance...go there.
There is a picture of a boy named Garrett, He asked Brian if he does requests so Brian made and gave him a ring while he and his dad watched it being forged. The smile tells it all.
To everyone at the Museum, thanks for having us!
http://picasaweb.google.com/brianbrazealblacksmith/MetalMuseumMemphis