I Forge Iron

Ball Pien hammer hawk

Here are some pictures of one of my tomahawks and a couple of rr spike knives. I have been blacksmithing for about a year and a half and I have only made spike knives and tomahawks but I am finally getting used to it and getting them looking good. what are some of your opinions and things I could do to make them look better.

post-10624-12654809625357_thumb.jpg

post-10624-1265481025015_thumb.jpg

post-10624-12654810852153_thumb.jpg

post-10624-12654811723096_thumb.jpg

-Andrew

RR spike knives and hammer hawks are the only things that I have made in a year and a half of blacksmithing, I have made different ones, like cord wrapped handles, micarta handles.

Today I tried making a striker for a flint and striker set. I thought it would only take twenty minutes but it took me every bit of an hour. The knives only take me about thirty minutes. I guess practice makes perfect.

RR spike knives and hammer hawks are the only things that I have made in a year and a half of blacksmithing, I have made different ones, like cord wrapped handles, micarta handles.

Today I tried making a striker for a flint and striker set. I thought it would only take twenty minutes but it took me every bit of an hour. The knives only take me about thirty minutes. I guess practice makes perfect.

Late seeing this, but very nice work on both. Are you using arm power or a power hammer?