I Forge Iron

How many "younger members" do we have?

although i have graduated from high school, i think i fall under the grouping "younger members". i am 20 now, and started smithing about 3 years ago. I did an independent study type project required for graduation all about smithing with a guy who had just opened a shop locally, and i have loved it ever since. come to think of it, i loved seeing the displays at the local "Shelburne Museum" and "Tunbridge World's Fair" long before i ever tried anything myself.

I feel like it's good to have so many youngsters here. The drive, energy and curiosity some of you bring are often inspiring to me. I'll bet other members get that as well. It's refreshing to see people your age here in a time when so many other kids are sitting on their butts playing Call of Duty or some other non-productive past time instead of actually getting outside and working their bodies as well as their minds while exercising their spirits. It's just really good to see that these days. Good on you!