I Forge Iron

Great Book

Uncle Levi

I just received in the mail "The Backyard Blacksmith" by Lorelei Sims. I highly recommend this book to ANYONE interested in blacksmithing. Incidently, I ordered mine on line from Alibris----a really good source for books, in or out of print and at good prices. Levi

I too agree, Lorelei Sims book is great.
It has a good combination of photos, drawings and boxed tips & facts.
The SAFETY message is emphasied and practiced throughout the book.
All blacksmithing books have something you can learn. We can't have too many! But I think this is the best beginners book I've seen so far and will take anyone who "has a go",from dreaming to being hooked.
Happy forging. Graeme.

good afternoon,

thomas dean was nice enough to send me your comments and thanks so much for your kind words and enthusiasm about the book. it was truly a labor of love. i do sell autographed copies through my web site and i will be tailgating at sofa later in month. please stop by and say hi if you are in troy.

although i do not have a lot of time during the day to be on the computer, this looks like a great web site and i am looking forward to exploring the forums.

if anyone has any questions or comments about the book, please feel free to contact me directly - lorelei@blacksmithchic.com

have a great day!

lorelei