I Forge Iron

iron rose from China

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very happy because one client order a iron rose in my Eshop. The second rose is just for him. I modified the rose pattern sizes. And I made another one with a holder. The holder is made by a 1/4" round bar. I bend two circle to hold the rose, wraped with some thin hemp rope, it matchs the iron.
Yesterday I made a pine cone, but not finished. Some advices? THANKS!!

post-3083-1263970147719_thumb.jpg

post-3083-12639702625764_thumb.jpg

post-3083-12639704782552_thumb.jpg

post-3083-12639705295499_thumb.jpg

post-3083-12639705880313_thumb.jpg

post-3083-12639706129827_thumb.jpg

post-3083-1263970645513_thumb.jpg

post-3083-12639706826654_thumb.jpg

post-3083-12639707257984_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice roses, your first is a terrific first rose and your second is equally nice for a second one. you're going to do quite well as a smith.

Funny, we've been talking about pine cones on a E-mail list I hang at. I don't know how well it'd work but I've been thinking about making a pine cone in the same way a russian rose is made. Not exactly of course but using the same technique. A web search for forged russian rose will turn up at least one tutorial.

Frosty the Lucky.

Nice roses, your first is a terrific first rose and your second is equally nice for a second one. you're going to do quite well as a smith.

Funny, we've been talking about pine cones on a E-mail list I hang at. I don't know how well it'd work but I've been thinking about making a pine cone in the same way a russian rose is made. Not exactly of course but using the same technique. A web search for forged russian rose will turn up at least one tutorial.

Frosty the Lucky.

THANKS for your encouragement too, Frosty. I learn all my blacksmithing knowledge and technique from internet.

About three years ago, I resigned because I love blacksmithing so. Almost all my family and friends are against me, they all think that I am crazy, but I won't give up it. Traditional blacksmithing almost can't be seen in China, it is just an European style. I hope i can show it to more people in China and the other country.
In Aug 2009, I made two Russian iron roses from 1/2" round bar. They are ugly..... I plan to make a businiss card holder and some other items applying the style rose.

Frosty, Could I get more guide from you if you like? Thanks again.

post-3083-12648234385554_thumb.jpg

The first rose is very high quality for a frist rose,,you were open to advice and alternated layers for a more natural look,,you obviously have a love for learning, then implementing what you've learned to your craft. If you are doing something you truely love, and that gives you pleasure as well as creating beautiful art,,then don't be discouraged by those who "are against you" in your decisions. Those people will be the same ones that praise your skill in the future and say,,"I never doubted him from from the beginning" keep em coming. and don't lose the faith brother!

The first rose is very high quality for a frist rose,,you were open to advice and alternated layers for a more natural look,,you obviously have a love for learning, then implementing what you've learned to your craft. If you are doing something you truely love, and that gives you pleasure as well as creating beautiful art,,then don't be discouraged by those who "are against you" in your decisions. Those people will be the same ones that praise your skill in the future and say,,"I never doubted him from from the beginning" keep em coming. and don't lose the faith brother!

THANKS, Braedon. :)

Some hooks i made few days ago. The treble clef hook is made from 1/3" round bar. I love the texture, it gets many rust for years exposed in outdoor.

post-3083-12649203401366_thumb.jpg

post-3083-12649210305841_thumb.jpg