I Forge Iron

Question for Mr. Hofi ?

Hello Mike
Sikaflex 11 fc pu base glue.
I use the Sikaflex to glue the handles to the hammer head also.
U can go on '' Sikaflex usa " and you will find many other polyurathane base glues. And I think to day they have a stronger one that I can not get in Israel. May be in the USA look for Hra50

If you want in the future to be able to take the anvil apart from the base, smear the anvil with a very thin layer of any oil. From the point of view of the noise it will work the same.

Hope it is clear . Thank you for asking
Hofi

Sikaflex-11 FC
Description
Sikaflex-11 FC is a one-component, gun-grade, adhesive and sealing compound of permanent elasticity. This dual-purpose material is based on a special moisture-cured polyurethane with an accelerated curing time.

Advantages
* Excellent adhesion on all cement-based materials, brick, ceramics, glass, metals, wood, epoxy, polyester, acrylic resin, and plastics.
* Fast cure rate.
* Good weathering and water resistance.
* Non-corrosive.
* Can be painted over with water, oil, and rubber-based paints. (Preliminary tests recommended).
* High durability.

Coverage
10.3 fl. oz. cartridge seals 12.4 lineal ft. of 1/2 x 1/4 in. joint.

Sikaflex-11 FC Technical Information Sheet in pdf format

Sikaflex11fc Material Safety Data Sheet in pdf format

• 1 year later...

According to the manufacture of the product (Sika), the shelf life is 9 months, because of the fast cure properties of the product.

A quick search found 10 sales/distributor locations in Virginia and 6 in North Carolina, 16 in Texas, and 45 in California. They have over 200 distributors in the USA. Contacting one distributor at random they said they order it as needed and directly from the company (Sika) with a 3 week delivery time. This would leave over 8 months of shelf life when received. This distributor would sell to anyone, no open account needed.