I Forge Iron

Midwestern Fire Starter

Paige Price

Hello to everyone!
I am so glad to have found such a cool site. I cant wait to get to know some of you, and possibly meet also. I would like to forge with others. I am kinda an outsider in the little town I live in, due to the noise, fires, and yard full of scrap and sculptures. My neighboors all seem to tolerate me so far, I am grateful for that. I have a friend here who is currently building a couple of furnices and setting up a shop in one of his barns next to his country home. Maybe most of my noise will happen there soon. Then again, it is so nice to have tools and stock right in my own garage. Well, hello again and please dont be shy about contacting me. I am always wanting to talk to like minded people. Good day & good Fires! Let the rust remain! Paige

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI!! Don't worry about your neighbors, they're just jealous. ;) You might would enjoy looking at this site... Lorelei Sims - Artist Blacksmith / Welcome to the Vortex of Hot Metal The smith is Lorilie Sims and a great artist. She too is in Illinois but can't recall the name of the town just now..."oldtimer's" I guess... Anyway welcome and don't be afraid to ask, you'll get an answer.

Hi Paige,
Welcome to the site. You are amongst fire and metal lovers. We all are the odd duck in the bite where we live. It's part of being a blacksmith.
I have learned a lot in the last month, just by asking questions, and then later checking reactions.

Regards, Wim