I Forge Iron

Hello from Texas

caleath

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! If you would go to "User CP" in the green bar at the top of the page and update your profile giving your location, city is good 'nuff. This way we can help put you onto tooling, meetings and other smiths in your area. Shoot, you could be up the street from me and I would be missing the opportunity of 'play in the fire' with you! Any way, glad you're here. Enjoy!

Greetings All,

Vulcanus here from the wet, wooded, wilderness of Snohomish WA. No work for science educators in the county, so I have to go work in my new shop every day. I am an active member of the SCA, so I spend considerable time researching and recreating period armour, weapons, and other non-martial personal goods. My power hammer is up and running and I am rebuilding my gas forge after our move here. In the meantime I am using charcoal in an old rivet forge. Very soon we will be smelting our first iron bloom from a local ore body and charcoal from my own trees. (Anyone wanting good quality magnetite, I