I Forge Iron

Hi from Nashville, TN area

kerisman

Hello iron artisans and craftsmen,

I'm finally about to become a home/landowner and am planning on taking up some hobbies that I've previously been unable to practice. Working with iron is intriguing, and this looks like a great place to learn and connect. Is Fiddler's Grove Blacksmith Association the closest place around the Nashville, TN area to meet other smiths and maybe get a lesson or two?

Fiddlers Grove is a great place and great bunch of people! Rutherford County Blacksmiths Association is another good place and good people, in Murfreesboro. You can take lessons if you join and get your 'green card', and get some experience from some people with the 'know how'! Possum Trot Forge in Adams, Tn. is another group that meet monthly, north of Nashville, close to Springfield. Mostly though, you can gain a wealth of knowledge here on this forum. Lots of pros on this site, with all types of backgrounds. Welcome to the site!

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! "I'm finally about to become a home/landowner and am planning on taking up some hobbies that I've previously been unable to practice." Well, if you plan to take up blacksmithing you can pretty much forget about other hobbies!!:) You will want to spend all your extra time at the forge. Good to have ya.