I Forge Iron

A few new knives

A.S.T.

Here are some new knives I have recently finished. As always I am open for critique . The first one is an old farrier's rasp I made as a trade item for our monthly meeting. The loop on the end of it is a bottle opener. The little one is an old file . The last one is 5160 with a mesquite handle.
Aaron

18368.attach

18369.attach

18370.attach

18371.attach

18372.attach

18373.attach

18374.attach

estate sales are often even better for tools, cause most people don't seem to want to inherit a bunch of old or neglected tools kept in a garage or basement which would probably be perfect for this kinda stuff. also you can check "resale" stores like those run by habitat for humanity, they have fixtures, tools, building materials, and all kinds of stuff which are either donated, or salvaged from buildings before they are set to be demolished, so you never know what you'll find there.

i got a source a local flee market , 16 inch by 1 3/4 at widest part by 5/16 thick, nickleson brand (i think) for 50 cents each. he's got hundreds and lots of other random stuff, i have a horseshoe rasp (also 50 cents) i cant wait to use... question, did you grind your teeth at all, because ive found cracks in some that i didnt grind fairly well?

i got a source a local flee market , 16 inch by 1 3/4 at widest part by 5/16 thick, nickleson brand (i think) for 50 cents each. he's got hundreds and lots of other random stuff, i have a horseshoe rasp (also 50 cents) i cant wait to use... question, did you grind your teeth at all, because ive found cracks in some that i didnt grind fairly well?

I didn't grind the teeth much at all . Just enough to dull them . I didn't notice any cracks.