I Forge Iron

Story Boards

Had a busy summer and took an unplanned break from smithing for awhile. I made it back into the shop two weekends ago and decided to make some story boards for the 4H classes this coming year. Thought I'd share them with you.
They are basic hooks except for the Fredricks cross. I plan on doing some more as time goes on. They make nice wall displays. I have a set on the walls of my office at work.

John

18208.attach

18209.attach

18210.attach

18211.attach

18212.attach

Very nice - I especially like the finish on the wood. Some years ago, I made several sequenced story boards for public exhibition at our local living history park. They hang on the outside of the blacksmith shop and show a variety of processes, such as making a set of tongs from a round bar to finished pair. Every display also has a written description of each step that has been laminated between plastic sheets so they can stay out in the weather. I got the idea from some of the older blacksmith books which illustrate every part of a process from raw material to finished article.

Edited by HWooldridge