I Forge Iron

Another Newby

KST1-Derek Fultz

Hello,

My name is Derek Fultz, but I usually post under the screen name KST1. I'm a frequent poster on some other sites, but until now have only been lurking over here. I live in East Central Il. Monticello, Il. specifically. My wife and I have been making ornamental metal "art" and garden items for sale through a hobby business for @ 4 years under the name Pipe Dream Designs, but I've been working with metal one way or the other for most of my 40 years.

Over the last couple of years I've decided to learn blacksmithing. My great grandfather was a professional smith, as was my great uncle. I never got to work with either of them, but it's "in the blood" so to speak, and I truly enjoy smithing. I've taken a couple of beginner classes when time allows and have pulled together some tools, so I'm on my way.

I appreciate the quantity and quality of knowledge shared here. It is truly a gift to anyone interested in smithing.

I look forward to being here and hopefully, contributing where I can.

-Derek

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! I didn't know there were any other sites topost on.;) Sounds as tho you have a good start for working metal. We would enjoy seeing some of your work also. Feel free to chime in when you can and also to ask questions when ya got em. There are tons of info here, as you have probably seen so be sure to take advantage of all the archives. You will most likely find answers to some of your ?'s there before you even ask...and maybe before you even knew you had a question!;) Also, if you would click on 'User CP' in the green bar and update your profile to where you live, it would help us hook you up with other smiths in your area, tools that may be available near you as well as any blacksmith meetings/groups near you. Once again, welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome Thomas! I updated my User CP as you requested. I thought I had already done that, but apparently not. Thanks for the gentle reminder.

I'll get some pic up sometime, but in the mean time you can check out our (my wife does metal work too) website.

Very nice work. Look forward to seeing more and thanks for sharing.