I Forge Iron

Blacksmiths in Australia

Hi,

I am planning to leave the UK and go to Australia at the end of October and i'd really like to gain more Blacksmithing experience while I'm there. I ahve been working alongside Blacksmiths in the UK for the last two years and have also taught some sessions. Does anyone know of any smiths that do paid apprenticeships in Auz or that may let me assist them in return for somewhere to stay?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

See if you can get hold of Dale he has a lot of contacts in Melb, if you head towards Newcastle way give us a yell, we may have something for you. To the south of Sydney Moonie may make you welcome, although he's a little hard to get on with sometimes.
Cheers
Phil

G'Day davster,

As Fab Phil just said him & MOONY , mite know a bloke over this way too ( not a IFI member , but i'm tryin' ta get him ta join )

I'm just a little hobby/ part time set up , but your welcome ta drop in & pound some iron , maybe a froffy or 10 too :)

Davster , you didn't say ow long youse was gonna be down here in the " Lucky Country " for " flyin' visit / 6 months / 12 months / 2 yrs / forever " ?????

End of Oct ,,, Just in time for MOONY'S " Get HAMMERED " http://www.iforgeiron.com/forum/f13/get-hammered-moonys-6559/index6.html

Dale Russell