I Forge Iron

other powerhammers

helo
here are some others:

as i said i want to build myself a mechanical one, but i'm still in doubt: would it be a "rusty" or a tirehammer? i've got the most important parts (anvil, base plate, springs, motor...)

but when i'll have some money i would like to add a self contained hammer. here i could buy an old localy produced one, minimum ram wheight 63kg.
an other option is Anyang, as there is a dealer here. i don't know how serious he is, yet.
in case i decide to buy one, what do i have to look for, what could it go wrong ( dealer, mechanics, parts supply, service, etc.)?

or does it worth to spend more and buy Sahinler as there is a dealer, too?

thanks

Buying, I would go for an Anyang, very strong machine, still made and improved, very popular so troubleshooting is not a problem ask James Johnson or John N here, they are two Anyang dealers, US and UK and can tell you everything you want to know about these cuties ;)
The self contained you've posted above is a Spanish hammer, isn't it ? The info are in French but...
See your other post, I've added some Italian self-contained ;)

Edited by Madmike

MadMike has good points. I tend to look for reviews and experiences of others when making a purchase of an item. Fortunately the Internet makes finding reviews fairly easy. I just type "review and-the-product-name" into Google and read the reviews. Doing so has been really helpful in purchasing stuff that best meets my needs and avoiding stuff that has a poor track record. Anyang seems to have received very good reviews and comments on this forum, so I am greatly impressed.

in fact i'm reading things about Anyang on the net from some time, but i've heard contradictory opinions. am i right that the quality what you get depends greatly on the dealer's amount and quality of involvement? i feel that the US and UK dealers are really committed to their mission. our dealer, 2-3 years ago, told me that that's me who has to go at the customs in the port where the ship arrives ad do the import formalities. so, i don't know which is his mission if i have to do the job? it's true that not having the money to buy, i didn't talk to him in detail about the business.

Madmike, being "francais", have you heard about that TYRO french mechanical hammer ?

Of Course Matei, but buying a new one is 'unafordable', you can find them used and in good shape and it surely move some metal for a 18kg ram ;)
Do you know the french 'Martinet Vernet' and the 'compagnon' two other mechanical we find here rusty and scrapy but which work like a dream once rebuilt...