I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing symbols userped?

easilyconfused

I just got told on Etsy that when the person saw the anvil in my avatar on the forums, they thought I was doing jewelry and I should come up with something else that would point out it wasn't! I have no idea what silversmiths and such used for their guild symbols but since when is the anvil not associated with blacksmithing and, shudder, horseshoes?!

I have run into "people" who have never made anything in their lives. No physical skills what so ever. Cant put up a pot rack on the kitchen wall cant clean out a stopped sink and look down on those of us who do. Definitely cranial rectal inversion.

Now that I have had to stopped doing hot forging I have polished the face and horn of my bad anvil and use it for cold forging silver jewelery I guess that they may be half right and half wrong. However that is not what it was for originally for sure. What a half baked idea! It sure is a lot easier to forge on this big 125# anvil then them little bitty ones they sell for a bunch of dollars that have no rebound and a horn so small you can't make a decent curve on them. I bought a little bitty one at an estate sale for $5 and cleaned the rust off and saved $45 and it does have a lot of uses but heavy forging isn't one of them.:cool: