I Forge Iron

blacksmith schools in ontario

hello every1, ive been interested in getting into blacksmith and was wondering if any1 knew any schools in Ontario Canada. Price doesnt matter but i prefer going to a school that other blacksmiths can refer me to for their instructors and knowledge in blacksmith. any information will be helpful, well thnx for listening!!

Here is a re-posting of some Ontario Blacksmiths that teach.
There are lots of Ontario smiths who teach courses. Lloyd Johnston http://www.ontarioblacksmiths.ca/sal...on-Courses.pdf Darrell Markewitz the Wareham Forge, Artisan Blacksmith Darrell Markewitz of Ontario Canada, Hand forged custom designs for garden, architecture, knives plus courses and DVD David Robertson Ontario Artist Blacksmith David Robertson Rob Martin Thak the Blacksmith &Armourer- Ontario, Canada Sandra Dunn TWO SMITHS These are all accomplished full time blacksmiths.

I know some people who have taken the Haliburton course and really liked it there are others that did not. Much of the course is more metal sculpture than Blacksmithing from what I have heard. You should join OABA Ontario Artist Blacksmith Association - (OABA) Artisan Blacksmiths and Artistic Metalworkers of hand forged iron work in Ontario Canada. Wrought Iron gates, grills, railings, knives, original designs and you can meet some of those people who teach and others that have taken the Haliburton Course. You are welcome to come to a meeting and you can join there or even later.

I took a course with David Robertson, he has a small shop he teaches in, I believe his site is something like artistblacksmith.com or something like that. He does a great job with beginners, and he is a very patient individual, I highly recommend him. If you do a search on youtube, he has several good videos as well, to take a measure of him. Good Luck!!

I took two courses with David Robertson, both the basic and the intermediate. I also highly recommend him. You get alot of smithy time for the buck. He moves through the material at the pace and the ability of the students. He always leaves time in the courses for you to work on a small project of your choosing. It makes for a great weekend. Also there are some good B&B's in the area to stay at. He also designs and builds gas forges and air hammers, so exposure to this stuff is an added bonus. Check out his web site and eBooks. Ontario Artist Blacksmith David Robertson