I Forge Iron

Pipe projects

I have been surfing around through the IFI blueprints and anvilfire's iforge how-to list and am in search of projects dealing with the use of pipe. I have used pipe to make candle cups, and I really like the pipe rose demo over on anvilfire a lot. I am tyring to get some ideas on what to demo at an upcoming meeting. Anyone out there make anything fun with pipe?

Thanks.
Peyton

I was taught how to make a body for a bird from pipe, sorry not much help don't have any pics.

it involves lightly tapping the ends closed on a piece of pipe that was cut on an angle at both ends. like this / / same angle both ends

one end is tapped closed and flattened to form the tail and the other end is hammered close but kept rounded...the longer side of the angle is closed upward to form the breast of the bird. You end up with a round hole on the topside of the pipe (this is were the head gets attached too), close the tale end so the bottom shorter side folds into the top and is then flattened and fullered to form the tail feathers. You then forge the head from solid stock and the wings, legs seperate.

Hope that makes sense.