I Forge Iron

up to date

I still want to build my blacksmith shop and hope to at least get the concrete work done before cold weather sets in. By then things begin to wind down and will have time to get framing done and hopefull a fire lit. My son was at an estate clean out and was looking around an old shed and found a blacksmiths vise, larger than the one I have now. I haven't had a chance to check it out but appears to be in good shape, the leg has a bend but can be staighten, not sure about the jaws? also found a blower but haven't checked it out yet either, do know that it set up so will require some work, did not find any tools or an anvil. I did find at a garage sale last weekend an old blacksmith shop, but was so dark that I couldn't see, old guy who owns the place told me to come back at a later time an bring a light. Well that about it from here, summer finally got here so have to take advantage of it while it lasts.
Adirondacker

sounds like your going to be occupied for the next little while, i'm in the proses of getting a shop upgrade as well and let me tell you its slow going , it will be awesome to get out of that little shed and into something more suitable. good luck with your projects