I Forge Iron

Stainless mesh for fire place screen

I am working on designing a 3ft wide by 2ft tall fire place screen. I called to get steel pricing on the stock I need, but my steel supplier doesn't carry mesh for the screen.

Where dou you get your stainless steel mesh?
I need a place that has a comparatively low order minimum because I don't have the money or storage for large amounts.

Thanks,

Dave

I made a screen/guard to put around my wood stove when my daughter was a baby, to keep her from getting burnt, the screen I ysed in that I got from my local steel yard but it wasn't stainless, it was steel and I painted it with high temp flat black paint.

welder19

I looked at both McNichols and McMaster. Both had excellent service however McMaster was VASTLY cheeper. Nichols was near $200 for a 4'x3' sheet of stainless mesh....their recomendation for fireplace screen.
Master was $85 for a similar product.
I also priced regular steel from McMaster and it was around $30.00.

I did forget something though. Instead of needing one piece 4'x3' I need two pieces 2 1/2'x3' as the screen will be hinged in the middle. I will start a thread that will follow the construction succeed or fail. It may be a few weeks though.

Thanks again!

Dave