I Forge Iron

Hi there,

Im just starting out in the world of blacksmithing and am looking to get an foot in the door. I'm living in Bedfordshire and have done a day course and an introduction in welding (mig, tig and oxy) I would like to work every other weekend and evinings as and when needed.
Can anybody help out??

James

Well there's a couple of reasons, I'm thinking about possibly taking it up as a job so i figured the best way to do that would be to see what it's like in an working enviroment and see how i got on. And i don't know anyone with a forge that i could rent.

Hi James, If you have no experience of forging, you may find it very difficult to rent a forge here in the UK, its difficult enough to find a forge to rent when you are competent.
Doing your own thing is fine, but a little guidance at the start will save you a lot of exasperation and should make your learning curve a little steeper. Have a look at Blacksmiths Guild Home and see what we have to offer including a chance to 'have a go' at the craft shows we support. Or come down to the iForge weekend we are holding on August 15th and 16th.