I Forge Iron

Euroanvils- Where can I get a 175lb'er ?

I was wanting to see if someone could help me find where to buy a 175lb Euroanvil.

I contacted the Blacksmith Supply and he said that he only had the 335lb and he was bringing over the patterns to see if he could find somewhere to make them here.

Does this mean that Euroanvil is out of business?

Thanks for the help.

Greebe

Greebe,

Until last week, he had TWO 335# :) Guess where the other one is going...

They are not going out of business. They are moving production from Czeck [spelling corrected] to USA. Look at the price of the 335# to what the price for the 175# will be once production is moved to USA, or the cost of a 175# from other manufacturers.

you might do what I did, get the #335.

-Doug

Edited by urnesBeast

For what it is worth I got the same story in an email some time in March when I made contact with Euroanvils.net from a link through blacksmith's Supply.

PS Shipping wise you might be ahead with Rhino Anvil as that is west coast USA.

Edited by Charlotte
PS

Thanks for the advice. I have looked at the Rhino anvil website but they don't even have a real picture of them. All they have is a CAD drawing so I'm not to sure about them at this time. Also they say they are made in China. Don't really care for China made items either.

I checked out the Old World Site and saw the 167 lb'er, it looks nice but it is about $250 more than the 175lb Euroanvil.

Maybe I should just buy the 335 Euroanvil, but I was hoping to stay under $700. I would like to have a little smaller one that is somewhat portable as well though.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greebe

I think I`d go ahead and get the 335lb. Did you ask see if he had any 286lbers left? Thats the size I have and am very pleased, if I had had the extra I would get the 335lbs but the 286lb does GREAT for anything I`ve done on it.

Love to have one of these but I think I will have to hold off for now. I have a lead on an older anvil that might suite me well for now. A 120 lb'er that will be a little more portable until I get more settled.

Thanks
Greebe