I Forge Iron

Free Blacksmith Training

This opportunity is for a voluntary worker who will receive training in Lew of wages part or full time. we have run this for a number of years and volunteers have been given payed jobs after a time. The first lad to do this with us now has his own forge and is training his own apprentice,
The work that would be done covers all aspects of the blacksmiths work from tool making to forging to fitting and painting .Are work load is vaired in type ie restoration, artistic,we forge wrought iron ,mild steel and stainless steel, we also work with brass and copper.

Dear Devon Blacksmith

Sounds very interesting I hope you find a good person soon. As for myself, well, I still have to work for a living. But next year I may find myself redundant :), I then plan to earn some money from blacksmithing and other metalwork. In the meantime I need to spend a lot more time in my little forge learning the wonderful art of blacksmithing.

Thanks

Phil.