I Forge Iron

Hello from Michigan

charadeur

I have been reading the forum for some time and thought I should post to make the notice go away that I should introduce myself. :)

I am currently building my first forge. I would like to take a class as I learn best by being showed how vs. just reading. However classes cost money and I do live in Michigan. I want to make ornamental stuff as well as a few knifes. Maybe forge the sword of destiny that saves mankind from the evil Skeletor or something. :) I'm a realist and a few candle holders and flint strikers would be cool too.

A buddy of mine had a piece of rail road track he cut off for me so I will start using that. The forge I am building is based on this plan. I do have several books but will probably require more help than that.

Welcome aboard Charadeur, glad to have you.

There have been some advances in forge design since Dave published those plans maybe 10 years ago or better. Still, it's a good design.

There's an active blacksmithing group in Mi, the mid-west in general is pretty active BS wise. Look up some local folk and get together, most are pretty friendly.

Frosty