I Forge Iron

Hardy Hole - Pritchel Hole container/tool catch

Like many here, for one reason or another, we don't have a clear shot under the pritchel or hardy hole to the floor. In my case my sand filled steel tubing legs are right under both the pritchel and hardy so I decided to build something that was a sloped ramp to catch hot punches/drifts and debris. So I got out the graph paper and started cutting up some shapes and turned this out. It's two partial pyramids. The bottom pyramid is actually filled with water. Anything that falls through will be quenched. It clips onto the 2" plate of my stand with 3 really strong neodymium magnets and it can be under the hardy or pritchel. I guess you could call it a tool "slip n' slide". I like how it makes my anvil look like a locomotive :D or something out of MadMax. It works surprisingly well. Why did I go with pyramid shapes instead of just a cup. Well the cup hanging between the two anvil legs was umm err asthetically displeasing.

-Av

15171.attach

15172.attach

15173.attach

15174.attach

Edited by Avadon