I Forge Iron

Pipe and cigar smokers

CF-sapper

Is it just me, or is the second half of a cigar not nearly as good as the first?

try smoking a punch rubusto i smoke em right down till i cant hold on any more you can prob get cubans in bc as well dont let them burn out on you that will make it harsh the lighter the color of the wrapper the melower the cigar JRCigars.com: PUNCH - 5T - TISSUE WRAPPED ROBUSTO CIGARS, From Honduras, 5.00 x 54, $74.95 (MSRP $120.00)
this is what i like

this year was the first year i processed my own tobacco and i purchased the wet leaves from someone for 3 dollars a pound. i got mostly burley and virginia gold... as for curing i just hung the leaves in a shed for about a month. for fermenting i stuck them in a box for about 3 more months about a week ago i smoked the first of the tobacco and it was surprisingly good. i sort of lost interest in the whole process and stopped paying attention.... but it still worked. there are a lot better methods out there though, like if you can keep the temp between 110 and 120F for 3 weeks with 90% (i think) humidity they will be fully fermented. i've heard it said though that the real good stuff is aged for another 1-3 years after this. oh yeah and the cutting of the leaves... i removed the midviens rolled it into a tight roll and used a new exacto blade and cut tiny slivers off the roll then came back and cut the slivers in half which surprisingly looked just like pipe tobacco.

I enjoy both pipes and cigars; never touched a cigarette in my life. I have a few pipes that were my Grandad's and bought a nice Savanelli churchwarden a couple of years ago, I smoke it with a blend from our local purveyor. I enjoy most anything done by Don Pepin Garcia, particularly his Nestor Miranda series, and the Punch Rare Corojo is nice. If I'm out of the country, the Cohiba Siglo VI is my stick.