I Forge Iron

Updated Shop Tour

I have not been doing any hammering lately, but I haven't been totally inactive in the shop. Over the last 5 months I have been reorganizing my shop and adding a dust room and dust collector. My main shop area is now measures 10'x32' and is insulated and cooled by 2 small window AC units. Picked up both AC's used for $50 total. This old Phart can't take the heat like he used to. The dust room was an absolute necessity. Everything in the old shop was covered by grinding dust and saw dust.
The first 2 pics show the new dust room. Everything is on wheels for flexibility since the room is only 10'x10'. I built a grinding dust separator that actually works. It has a baffle between the inlet and the outlet and water in the bottom. It is attached to a Steel City 1 1/2 HP dust collector, wired for 220vac. When grinding, the dust bag is not used and the exhaust just dumps into the room. For sawing, I can hook it to either the band saw or the table saw in the normal manner.
The next 2 pics show the rest of the main shop.
The next 3 pics show my forging area. It has a crushed stone floor and measures 12'x27'.
thanks for looking.

15099.attach

15100.attach

15101.attach

15102.attach

15103.attach

15104.attach

15105.attach