I Forge Iron

Another one from Alaska

Welcome aboard AK wolf, glad to have ya.

Are you on POW too?

If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it can make a big difference. IFI is represented by members from more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific. Also if local folkl know you're there they can invite you to gatherings, tip you to tool deals and offer hands on help.

This is pretty cool, Alaska is developing a regular IFI contingent, maybe it'll help balance all the blokes from down under. Can't let Earth develop a wobble can we? ;)

Frosty

I wish I could take credit Tom but I haven't had a lot of success getting smiths I know to join. Maybe if enough of us sign on you'll get a delivery here and pay us a visit. I'll let you play with my new power hammer. ;)

Frosty

I've been to Ak before when I was a young kid .. But never have trucked up there. But can't never tell, I maybe up there one day... If it happens I'll give you a call.. I would love to come up there and meet you. . And see what the place looks like..When I was there the last time we were at a airport and I think it was dark the whole time I was there ,,, and I think I was around five or six years old...

Frosty you need to have a hammerin with the entry fee being a signup to the sight! I have a once a year open house to the general public, but on an Island this far out nobodys gonna spend that kind of money to get here. I usually have a pretty good turn out of locals if the weather gets good, and a whole lota folks learn that a blacksmith and knifemakers in town. Most have only seen forges, anvils, and powerhammers in a museum, it's quite entertaining.Wes

Well, we're having a sort of hammer in June 27th here in Wasilla along with an iron pour and other hot arts, pottery, glass blowing and such. Last year there were at least 6 of us set up though I don't know how many will show this year there will be a number of us.

Of course any of you Islanders get to the big city get with me, we'll get something hot and beat on it or maybe just sit around and tell tales.

Frosty