I Forge Iron

Seattle ABANA conference?

Anyone fom here going to seattle?

The wife and I are planning to attend, just trying to massage the finances to make it happen. Its hard to take money out of the budget for building/moving my shop home to go, but I'd kick myself for missing a conference only a couple hours driving distance away.

Planning on staying on campus, but don't have the $180 a person for meals, so we'll be bringing the camping bbq for the tailgate of the truck and a big cooler :)

Geeze:

Not that this is any help to you but I haven't been to a ABANA conference in like 12 years...at least. They keep holding them outside my "range" if you know what I mean... Well I am sure you will hook up with some like minded folks on here...

Wish they'd hold them closer just once..

JPH

Geeze:

Not that this is any help to you but I haven't been to a ABANA conference in like 12 years...at least. They keep holding them outside my "range" if you know what I mean... Well I am sure you will hook up with some like minded folks on here...

Wish they'd hold them closer just once..

JPH

Yep I think this is a close as it will get to me and why I am going to attend. I was dissapointed they didn't have single day passes just to get in. For the whole conference plus accomadations is $750 for me and my wife. If I was to add the two meal tickets it'd be $1200 and they aren't selling any individual meal tickets so we can't get in for the big opening ceromony...kinda actaully a bit of a xxxx off.

on the other hand i can see the cooks wanting it that way so they know how many people are coming and how much they need.

Chris,
Where do you live/work?
Henry

I'm in Langley, British Columbia.

I don't know now, It does seem like alot of money to watch other people work...

I'm almost changing my mind on going, wife suggested I save the money and go and attend a few one on one workshops instead.... which I do enjoy and for me I get more out those than watching and not doing, I'm am a much more of a hands on kind of person rather than watching from the sidelines. decisions decisions :)

i can only say I HAD a blast at the 2000 ABANA CONFERERECE especially it only intended for use to visit my Daughters, graduation of Santa FE,which was good.
Wife and familily were gracices enought to see all the collrgee stuff, AS WELL AS ABOUT 65% OF THE DEMOS%. YES I DID HELP WITH LORE LIE AND DOROTHY sEGLIER, AS HER DAUGHTER HAD TO BAIL AT LAST MOMENT. GOOD FOR ME.
HAH,HAH! GOOD TO HAVE A CLOSE KNIT GROUP.

Ralph BTW DOPRYHY ANY TIME YOU NEED OR WANT A Astrriker or back up man j ust ask, i will be ready.
Ralph