I Forge Iron

01 steel

leroyk

I just aquired some peices of 01 steel. aI have not ever made any knives from 01 I think it is quality steel. It is precison ground and the peices vary anywere fro 1/8 by 1 in to 5/16 by 2 1/2 wide all are 18 in long there are12 peices in all. was wondering what the value of tem wood be? leroyk

I just aquired some peices of 01 steel. aI have not ever made any knives from 01 I think it is quality steel. It is precison ground and the peices vary anywere fro 1/8 by 1 in to 5/16 by 2 1/2 wide all are 18 in long there are12 peices in all. was wondering what the value of tem wood be? leroyk

1/8 x 1 x 36 $21
1/16 x 1 x 36 $10.50
3/16 x 1.5 x 36 $35

this was last weeks prices when I bought mine

Why the shock? these same steels cost almost 2x as much online, look at Admiral, or K&G. whats sad is paying $100 for steel, and being able to carry the entire purchase into the shop in one hand.:(

Its been a long time since I bought steel on line. Imagine my suprise when went looking for some 5160 3/4x2" and discovered that the shipping cost would be also most as much as the material and the material was twice what I paid years ago. (Smithin magician dies, Hot dies)