I Forge Iron

Anvil stand

Scored this cast iron stand a few days ago. It is a stand off of an old stone wheel grinder, grinder was scrapped (old thing, poured Babbitt bearings), but I managed to atleast save the stand. I set my anvil on top and it is pretty nice. It is a bit high, so I might end up setting my KMG grinder on it instead, I will have to see.

The stand is about 100+ pounds of cast iron.

13106.attach

13107.attach

Edited by ApprenticeMan

Hehe Eric no need to, it is too heavy to move around. It kinds of stinks as an anvil stand actually, you get sort of a hollow dull ring noise. I think I will modify it to hold my grinder maybe, but that would take alot of fenangling, so maybe just my bench grinder/buffer. Not sure yet what to do with it.

I vote for sand or gravel fill- Also, you could build up the floor with plywood.... comfy to stand on too... I have a log base and am tired of chasing if around the shop when I get to whaling on it. I'm going to build a tripod stand in the very near future... Oh' nice find by the way