I Forge Iron

Buffalo Forge / What size forge table

cuda

I posted earlier with the Buffalo Forge blower problem. It's now turning free. My question now is what size of table would be needed. I'll probably just be doing small stuff but would like to have enough room. The blower is mounted on the original frame and I have the cast iron grate. The original table is missing. Do I need a fire pot? A drop-in type fire pot from what I've seen wont fit the forge. Would some 1/4" diamond plate sheet steel with the grate bolted to the top work. There are 3 mounting holes on the base just outside the air outlet that the table and grate mounts to. I think this is the only support for the table. I've tried looking at other pictures and can't find anything on this type of forge. The blower and frame is made by Buffalo Forge and stands on four legs all bolted close together at the top and turn out at the bottom. Sorry about the long post.

I like plenty of table space myself, just so there's room to lay long pieces in the fire without having to set up a helper to trip over. A place to lay tools and keep them handy and visible. And so on. About the only downside to a large table is it takes up more room. My coal forge is 3' x 4'.

Frosty