I Forge Iron

Central Louisiana

SJeane

well i have been poking around the site for a few days, looking at material/prints and i never made a proper introduction.

I'm Scotty, i've lived in Central louisiana all my life. i used to follow flint knapping circles(making arrowheads), my first glimpse at smithing was at a Knap-in (meeting) there was an indian vs white man reinactment, and as i walked around the soldiers camp i came across a man beating on some metal, but it hasnt hit me 'till nearly 2 years later that, i might want to try it. so here i am, building my forge and looking forward to great times and something to take up my free time :)

Scotty

thanks for the confidence booster there rmcpb

Frosty:  Obsidian/glass is very fun(but sharp) to work with, its nice when you put a 6" Diameter x 10" long chunk in a slab saw, then you leav your nice perfect slabs of out of state rock in a bucket to have a relative throw away because she thinks its trash....... I am still aching over that :( i will have to post some pic's of a few points i have made.