I Forge Iron

There is an opportunity for someone looking for an apprenticeship in blacksmithing.

The suitable candidate should be under 25 to enable them to attend the NETS course whilst serving their time, and the location is in the East Devon area.

Interviews will be arranged and starting date will be around March This may be negotiable for a suitable candidate.

This is a long term commitment from all parties. Experience is not a necessity, enthusiasm and the desire to learn is.

• 1 month later...

Hello John,

Having a few problems with sending PM's so i am sorry if you have multiple messages from myself.

My name is Wade and i am writing to you regarding the opportunity for an apprenticeship in blacksmithing. I am 23 years old so I would be able to attend the NETS course you mentioned. I have 0 experiences with Blacksmithing and it would be a pleasure to be your apprentice to learn this great skill that you are willing to pass on!

My nationality is Welsh but I have been living in France for the last two years. While living in France i have been running my own business on eBay selling pet products. My current location is in the south of France and I will be returning to the UK on the 6th of April. Possibly this may be too late for you as you mentioned March?

Kind Regards,

Wade
British Best Pets eBay Shop
Email: WWH@BritishBestPets.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My name is Steve and I am 20, living in Exeter. I am interested in learning to become a Blacksmith and stumbled upon this site and this thread in my search.

I have no experience in blacksmithing, the closest thing I have done is working with metal using spot welding. I am from an art and design background in which I have a qualification for.

I have PM'd you but as I said in that I am probably too late for this. If anyone else would like to inform me of other apprenticeships currently available or could recommend a college or short course I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...