I Forge Iron

Anvil ID

anvil.gif
I'm looking at this anvil and trying to find out what it is before I go look at it. He says that he thinks it's a trenton,it is 30 inchs long and He thinks it's alittle over 200 LB and he said it rings. He's asking 450 for it and from what I can find thats not to bad. So what do you all think,dos it look like a trenton?
Sorry about the picture being grainy,I'm haveing trouble uploading.

I agree, looks like a Hay Budden, judging by the slim waist and long heel. Usually they have pretty strong marks on the side, unless they have been abused on that area. I'd snatch it for that price, if there's no large chunks out of the face. Hard to tell without more pictures.

I tend to agree w/ the first two responses........the shape of the horn would lead me to believe it's a H-B. Either way, H-B or Trenton, it's still a quality anvil that appears to be in good shape, and priced well for the weight and condition. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

David

Well, went and got it Saturday! I don't think it's 200 lb ,at the foot its stamped 175.I think it's a Trenton, on the side I can make out half of a diamond but thats about all.Did they stamp a serial number on the foot?,because it has a bunch of extra numbers there.

One thing for sure,when he said it rings he wasn't jokeing.I need to do some work to quiet it,or wear ear plugs :) .

Edited by 48willys