I Forge Iron

Noob from Texas

Protocol

Hey guys. My name is Joe, 27 years old, and not quite right in the head.

I've always loved watching people make things. I equally love making things. I love all forms of creation I've come across so far. I've dabbled in just about everything, save two of the seemingly elusive arts. Glass, which I'm only semi-fond of, and iron forging. Hell,.. I don't really even know what to call what I'm looking for. Blacksmithing? I don't know. I want to learn how to work with metal. How it works, why it works, the science and the art behind it.

That's a tiny bit of who I am, and why I'm here. I'll save the rest for the appropriate threads.

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! I grew up not too far from Copperas Cove, Evant then Goldthwaite. Left G'waite in '77.
Glad to have you aboard, much to learn and if ya got any questions just ask. Also, there is an excellent group south of you, Austin, Marble Falls, San Antonio area, called Balcones Forge. They are an ABANA affiliate with a great bunch of folks. Check their web site for meeting dates and hook up with them. Newbies are always welcome.

Hey Joe, good to meet you. I'm also new here. I'm interested in learning about mig welding and also about blacksmithing too, as it's always fascinated me. My only experience is going into my Dad's workshop and watching him work. So I thought I'd start doing my own reading, and this seems like a great place to start.