I Forge Iron

Weathervane

I got a call from a man who works with me wanting me to forge him a Rooster Weathervane for his wife. I have no cutting torch so it is out of my league. Is there anyone within a hundred miles of Blytheville AR who might be able to help this man? If so, please email me at quenchcrack at hotmail dot com.

Thanks,
QC

Henry, I had thought only of someone else making the entire project. It did not occur to me to just have the rooster cut out. I got to thinking, it really isn't important where you are, the vane can be shipped just about anywhere. Let me talk to this fellow on Monday and get more information. Thanks,
QC

Q.C.--I thought I had posted in here last night. I must have hit the wrong key.

ROGER SMITH and JOHN C> Posted rooster weather vanes in the old Keenjunk site. These vanes were unbelieveablely wonderfull. ROGER'S was a true collectors piece. Museum quality.

If your client has a little extra change, He/she should look at these.

Chuck

Sandpile, I remember seeing those weathervanes and they were, indeed, incredible. I am not sure how much this gentleman wants to pay for one. He said he looked all over but could not find a commercially made vane anywhere. I don't know about where you live, but around here, the Walmart mentality prevails. If you can buy a cheap Chinese-made one at Sears for $50, Walmart will have it for $35 and a genuine, hand forged one should cost no more than $15. I had a fellow at work ask me to make him a hand-forged knife. Now, this man was just a janitor and I knew he did not make a lot of money so I quoted him $50. He asked what he could get for $10. I sent him to Walmart. :roll: