I Forge Iron

Plistex

Hello all. Happy Saturday. Due to this site iI have no welders or torches. (I listened). I need to recover the ends of my forge in plistex where kol got knocked off. Is there a good schedule to burn this in? my only heat (the burners) can come from softbricks at both entrances or let it go. Does plistex dry hard, or will blanket push in. Is it more durable than kol?

Tx

I've got a full box of wood matches or could put whole thing in my grill (not burner) on charcoal with a strong fan blowing coal height. 

Tx

Last one, can you carry a 4 brick angle iron forge oris that something that needs its own permanent space. Can you use brick weight to seal heat or does it really need angle iron( I know to carry)

State educated bur sincere tx

OK, I can now tell you most of this. Coal (not charcoal) gets plenty hot in a grill with a fan on it. I could not figure a way to lower it into the heat and hold it there but it felt peeling skin hot. Killed the grill.

I found out the brick Forges can be moved but if you knock them loose they could collapse when fires on so it was not recommended,  it actually was recommended to not do it. He said if is stationary and really safe, it should work.

Plistex dries hard. Should be near as strong as kastolite. A slow roast with bricks up on each side will cook in the plistex.(That's what I guessed) up high with bricks in the way flame is all over the entrance

I think that's all, plistex is really good and so much cheaper than matrikote. I got 4.5 lbs on jungle for $25 dlvd. Matrikote was about 46 for a pint i didn't have to touch kaowool or hear old bellyaching yet. If you ignore someone why do they still get to post on your post. If they were talking we could take their teeth, does that mean fingers if typing for attention?

Edited by Mod30
Remove excessive quote.

After using plistex more intensively there are updates. Plistex is like drying mud until it's all the way cooked dry. It is easy to pop off chunks of plistex on the entrance and exit of the forge. Plistex is very good and cheap, but it's no matrikote. The matrikote reflects the heat better off the floor.  It's way hotter to be near the forge openings. You could probably use plistex for sides, tops and cracks. It is the perfect thing to fill the gap between the forge ends and that deadly kaowool blanket. I'm figuring out how to make a plenty hot propane tank flame. Part of the secret is collapsing what will be the bottom of the tank. It is so far getting obvious that good ir doesn't allow so much heat to get through. Heat doesn't go through soft brick enough to use the deadly blanket. It's not worth it.

Hbmasa

" I love it when a plan comes together"

Tank honestly is getting very hot at this point. No hands in or on forge when it's over 1800. Haven't got the last 300 degrees yet. Silver tank will glow orange.

Is it a grumpy one or no tips like liberty?