I Forge Iron

Hello out there!

NOS

My name is Jeremy and I live in South Texas. I've been learning blade smithing and basic blacksmithing skills with my younger (30 year old) brother. We've only been working for a few months, so we don't have too much to show for it but a few pairs of tongs, some spike knives, and about 4 steak turners. We enjoy working together on projects, and when I asked him if he'd be interested in smithing he smiled and said "I'll buy the anvil!" :D
Well, long story short and a couple of anvils and forges along the way (one gas and one charcoal), we are having the time of our lives. I've been lurking on this forum for a little while now, reading and trying to "soak" in as much info as I can. I have to say that I'm impressed with the work and ethics that I have seen in this forum.
I think I've found a place where I can get the help that I need to improve in this skilled art form.
Thanks for having this wonderful site!,
Jeremy Olson

PS: I have a Hill anvil, and was wanting to know a little more about the history behind Mr. Hill and his shop in England. my anvil is 90# and I love working with it! I'll take some pics of it and post them for you.

Edited by NOS

welcome jeremy and i'm myself fairly new here but i have been forgeing on and off for 25 years or so but when i found this site it go me to dig out the old stuff and start using it again but i would say it an obcesion that i have with making things out of nothing with metal well as usaual i got carried away on this welcome theres so muchinfo here and every one is great with helping here and the only problem i have here is i sign in at night and before i know it its 4-5 hours later and now i have to get up in a few any way welcome