I Forge Iron

JWBIRONWORKS

J W Bennett

My name is John W. Bennett and I am also a Hoosier.

I live in the small town of Fontanet Indiana. I have been a Welder/Mechanic/Electrician for 30 years. I traveled some when I first left school and then enlisted in the Marine Corp. A short time after being honorably discharged I returned home to Indiana. That was 22 years ago.

I am married to a very patient lady and between us we have 3 kids, 6 Grand kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats not to mention all the squirrels, bunnies and coons( The two fine examples of mans best friend are to lazy to chase the other four footers off). :)

Like Alan B. I have spent the better part of my life working with metal and Blacksmithing is a natural progression of that life.I have only been smithing for alittle over a year. I attended the Feast of the Hunters Moon in 2004 and watched the blacksmiths in the ring there for the better part of a day and I been staring into the fire ever since.

I have a Full time job(my wife doesn't beleive me) an I work in my shop on my days off(4 days one week, Three days the next. Hence why my wife doesn't beleive the job bit :P ). If I'm not in the shop I'm out on a scooter ride somewhere in a 7 state area. Like I said she's patient!

I am new here and I enjoy this Forum and the IFORGEIRON site and have learned alot from its contributers and am contributing when I can. Which proves any knowledge no matter how small is useful so please share when you can. Don't be shy, as you can tell by my rambling I'm not.

Howdy, Welcome, come on in and stay awhile........

JWB