I Forge Iron

Going to look at some anvils tomorrow

My wanted add came thru again..Only the second time ever but it sounds promising..The seller collects anvils and tools..Sounds like a sincere straigh forward kind of guy..he has a 240 fisher for sale that he said is in great shape and a larger anvil of unknown make..He said that it is roughly twice the size of a 200# anvil so hes guessing between 350-400 pounds..Very "Blocky" looking.Kinda short heel and horn.No markings on any kind, and he seems to know what hes talking about..He said if i was interested in it he could have it loaded for me but he has no scale big enough to weigh it..Im curious as to what it is :confused: ..Possibly an early mousehole?? It does have a hardy and pritchel hole...

Or a large Vulcan, although I have no idea what the largest size they ever made was; I think they were scaled per 10 pounds, and had a number (5 for 50lbs, etc) stamped in them. maybe you could look for one. I just got outbid on a 240lb one not 45 mins from me on Ebay today by a lousy $5. Who needed a nail header then? I could have just chewed some out after that, it was in great shape and ended at only a dollar and change per pound!!

Best of luck to you KYBOY!

Or a large Vulcan, although I have no idea what the largest size they ever made was; I think they were scaled per 10 pounds, and had a number (5 for 50lbs, etc) stamped in them. maybe you could look for one. I just got outbid on a 240lb one not 45 mins from me on Ebay today by a lousy $5. Who needed a nail header then? I could have just chewed some out after that, it was in great shape and ended at only a dollar and change per pound!!

Best of luck to you KYBOY!

OH dude ... that is definitely a 9 out of 10 on the suck-o-meter.
That's why I hate Ebay ... :mad:
aeneas