I Forge Iron

SayMak SayHa Dies the Same?

The SayMak is a descendent of the SayHa.

I did query the current Say-Mak dealer but haven’t heard back.

I have a suspicion garnered from Googling this topic that the Sahlinger and SayMak can swap dies as well as some other similar brands. 

Anyone know for certain that Say-Mak Say-Ha hammers have interchangeable dies? 

saymak sayha

If by the current dealer you mean Helmut Hillenkamp who has both irontolivewith.com and saymakhammers.com, then I think you'll get a good answer from him. I note on the current saymakhammers dies page that he states:

Our dies are designed to be interchangeable between all size Say-Mak and Sayha hammers. The new models (those sold in the past decade) have a slot milled into the dovetail and are backward compatible with our older hammers.

--Larry

MOD NOTE: Please observe that Larry has given website addresses without giving live links to the sites in question. This is acceptable, since it is essentially the same as giving the name of the company or something like "eBay[dot]com".

34 minutes ago, LarryFahnoe said:

If by the current dealer you mean Helmut Hillenkamp who has both irontolivewith.com and saymakhammers.com, then I think you'll get a good answer from him. I note on the current saymakhammers dies page that he states:

--Larry

[Inappropriate language removed] I looked all over that site. Even downloaded and am watching the DVD set.

thanks Larry!

Edited by Mod34
Edited for inappropriate language