I Forge Iron

Rockwell 20" camel back

Hey all, I'm back again. Quite possibly biting off more than I can chew this time. With the post drill project still in process I am seriously considering taking this on additionally for the winter. Now I have to explain that I have no experience with these drills but I believe I possess a fraction of common sense, a hair of mechanical ability and the annoying habit of asking too many questions of those who know better before I get my fingers where they don't belong (still have all nine). I have never owned one and if I'm lucky that may change. This appears to be a Rockwell 20" There aren't quite enough photos for my liking and the definition is not quite what I would like so I am going to take a trip to look in person. If anyone has any input as to what to look for, suggestions, experiences parts that are commonly damaged or missing etc. let er rip please. I know to check babbitt bearings, the frame for cracks and damage, gears for excessive wear and missing teeth, maybe take a dial indicator and check for run out on the quill. I believe the motor looks like it may be a 3 phase. No photos of the tag. It seems I read somewhere someone had a Rockwell with a 1ph. Maybe repowered? Does anyone have any idea of age or when Rockwell quit making the 20"? Oh I may post this thread on other forums in search of information so please don't be offended if you see it again. Thanks so much for everyone's input. You all are great

1.jpg