I Forge Iron

Peter Wright (maybe) ring question

Two part question here. 
First question, did Peter Wright ever just stamp “Wright” only on one side of their anvils and the stone weight on the other? The only other marking I see is a 5 on the front base. I’ll know there is a Henry Wright but research shows that was an American anvil and would have pounds stamped instead. We’re there other Wright anvil makers? 

Second question, this 100 pound suspected  Peter Wright has what I would call a ring, muffled ring, ring. The majority of the ringing coming from the horn and heel with the muffled ring coming from the center. At first I though something was wrong but I’ve seen 2 videos on YouTube where the Peter Wrights have the same ring pattern. Is this normal? The rebound could be anywhere from 50-70% depending on where I drop my ball bearing. I say depending based on the face not being perfectly smooth. Is the muffled ring in the center normal for a Peter Wright?

Looks like early Peter Wrights were actually stamped on t he opposite side from the weight. Also some were either stamped P. Weight or Peter Wright. Maybe the P was a light strike or just missing from mine. These marking date it between 1830-1852. 

Can anyone confirm this? This information was posted in a Facebook anvil group.