I Forge Iron

Rivet Forge Identification, Possibly Canedy-Otto?

Hello folks, been a while since I've been on here. However last week I picked up some neat stuff from just up the road for *I think* a pretty good price. Got a Royal Blower with stand just needs one new gear, thinking of 3D printing it to replace a gear that swelled up and cracked. Almost looks like it was made of pressed paper, very strange. Also a good handful of struck tool heads and a few hammer heads. 

The point of this thread however is the rivet forge. I have been trying to look through the old price books and such to find any that match and so far not much luck. There is no MFG info on any of the pieces however almost every piece has a "C**" (C12, C15 etc.) item number cast on it and the forge pot has "150" cast underneath.  The blower is rather unique in that the ash dump comes out at approximately 45° rather than straight down like most seem to. Looks identical from what I can tell to the blower on the right on page 128 here. http://www.bamsite.org/books/canedy.pdf

However the drive mechanism seems entirely different from that shown. There is no clutch, instead the drive gear is moved via a couple of ratcheting teeth on the lever arm. Can just be seen in the attached photo. The forge body however has the two cast bosses that hold the 1/4 round gear that drives the clutch, so maybe this is either a very early version not in the catalog or is a mashup of two different forges? Maybe a different MFG all together?

IMG_9034.jpg

I found another forge that looks to be identical to the one I picked up but a little more complete, here are a few photos.

Irondragon: That threw me off looking at the ad as well, but the handle that looks attached is actually from the blower on the floor. This is a belt driven, lever powered forge/blower.

After I get it cleaned up and re-assembled I will get some decent photos and post them up, then get it clay'd and put it to work. 

IMG_9043.PNG

IMG_9041.PNG