I Forge Iron

Iron Antler Forge

Hello all,

I have been tooling around this site for a month or two but never bothered to post a thread to the "Introduce Yourself" section so, here it goes.

I am a professional metal sculptor and have been doing this work full time for 3 years. I probably picked the wrong time to get into the art business with the economy the way it is but that being said I would have to say things are going well and I seem to have a steady flow of back-orders. I Love using old tools in new ways as well as designing tools from scratch. My current project is a gas brick-pile forge big enough to put a 24" x 24" piece of sheet metal in. It's actually done and I'll be posting photos soon. Anyway I love sharing ideas and hold no secrets so this site is a good match. Here is my website if anyone wants to check it out.

ironantlerforge.com - Home

Thanks for having me!

IAF

I have been working with metal for around 15 years or so. Blacksmithing for around 9 or 10 years. Found out about the guild in central MD from Dan and Judy Boone and jumped in. Took a few basic classes but mostly I learned just from playing around and not getting stuck into the "there is only one way to do it" trap.

Welcome IAF. IFI is a great blacksmithing community. Your website is great. Your work is amazing. I've been looking at some of the pictures and wow. lol. How long have to been blacksmithing?